Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break Part 2: "Begas Baby"

What a whirlwind couple of days! It's hard to believe I was sitting here talking about Vegas early Thursday morning, and here I am Saturday morning home again. We are such a crazy bunch! I really can't believe I talked Lowell into it this time, but it was his idea to begin with. All 3 of my boys were really good on this trip, maybe I am wearing them down with my constant desire to travel. I am feeling spoiled with how easy it is to pick up and go with my 3.5 year olds. I am thinking that when another little one joins our family (no announcement there or even plan to start thinking about trying) it won't be so easy. Not that that would stop me from wanting another one, just that I guess I better take advantage of what I have while it last. So just a reminder of why I wanted to leave this frosty wonderland:This was my sad little car as I left work Thursday morning. You can just make out the left (back) wheel. This is mid-April mind you. I had to dig and dig with the container from my dinner to just get the door open to get to the snow scraper. It was a 15 minute job before I could even leave. I was definitely ready for some sun! And now I have a tan, hooray! Plus in the meantime all the snow melted so I can try and pretend the silly fluke storm never even happened.

Anywho, we got on the road a little later than planned (when doesn't that happen?!) and drove away along the long strip of I-15 south. The boys took less than an hour nap but were decent in the car with the DVD and some different toys to keep them going. We checked into the Excalibur (Castle!) and got settled before venturing the strip. This was my first time actually staying on the strip so that was cool though the Excalibur is certainly not the high end of the strip. The kids thought it was the best one though, so it worked out. Can you believe we left our hotel at 9 pm (10 pm Utah time!). We are so crazy, but there is so much to see at night in Vegas that you just can't see any other time.

Here are my sweeties waiting for the Bellagio fountain show (Paris Eiffel tower in the background)

They loved the show, who wouldn't? I adore the Bellagio fountains!

Carter laughing as the wind sprayed the water on his face

This is how they insisted on being pushed down the strip, holding hands! It was cute but not practical on that busy street.

Davis and Daddy watching the Mirage volcano. We also cruised over and caught a portion of the Treasure Island show, we missed the first part and deemed the end "inappropriate" but the boys both said it was the their favorite part of the trip, so what they saw of it must have been enough. We trodded our way back to the hotel getting in after 11 (midnight for us). What tired bubbas they were (the parents too).

Lowell and I each slept with one of the kiddos and that was sweet, they are such snuggly loveable little fellows . . .who were up early nonetheless (7:30 in Vegas).

And who vented their energy by jumping on the bed

And leaping from one bed to another. It was cool, they were happy and so were we. We were on vacation after all.

View from our window. Davis: "Daddy, this is the castle, then where is the princess?" Daddy: "Mommy is the princess" :)

So off we went on a full day of Vegas!

Visiting the M&M store

The dolphins at The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. Davis especially loved the dolphins, me too! Especially baby Bella, so cute!

The boys who actually asked me to take their picture. Uhhh . . .okay. They were pretty fiesty and not patient enough to fully enjoy the rare white lions and tigers. It was a bummer but Carter was out with Lowell in time out pretty quickly.

Davis and I did enjoy watching the trainer work with the 5 month old leopard cub, he was SO cute.

Back down the long strip, feeling longer all the time after pushing strollers up and back so many time, we stopped in at the Coke store and did the taste of the world. We do it every time and each time pick new favs. I quite liked the lemon soda from England. The boys liked drinking excessive amounts of sugar laced soda and then laughing so much they spilled it on themselves. They were not allowed to get out of their strollers in the glass filled store. Next we hit up a Vegas classic, the buffet! Yeah for me this one was nearly free thanks to my deal finding!

Good thing too because Lowell and I had to eat as fast as we could knowing the boys wouldn't last. Even with fruit and juice and "noodles cheese" in front of them they were beyond tired and very very edgy. We had planned to go to the Mandalay Bay aquarium next but when Carter was begging for his bed we decided to just call it a day and jump back in the car for the l o n g drive home. They were alseep in 10 minutes but woke up less than 30 minutes later and stayed awake even though we didn't get home until 11:30. Poor little trashed babies! Silly boys for not sleeping too, at least they weren't very bad on the drive. All in all I would call the trip a success though we don't have plans to head back to Vegas any time soon. As many fun things as there are on the strip I always seem to forget just how sleezy it is too. How my throat always aches afterward from the smoke and you can't look at the ground. Grimy nasty blech! Glad to be home again but we did have a good time.

If you feel like it, here's the boys chattering about "Begas" as we drove out of town.

Just checked with Lowell and they slept until 10 this morning, hooray, but were very sad to not be at the castle and are ready to go back. Someday I'm sure. . .


Anonymous said...

Doesn't everybody want to live in a castle? It looks like you had a nice little trip:)

Michellyn said...

Yeah, buffets are never the same with small children! It's "all you can eat before the children's patience expires"!