Friday, May 9, 2008

A post about Daddy . . .

Wow, aren't my 0 blog readers lucky, 3 posts in 3 shifts at work! And I even have new TV I could be watching online. Feel lucky! I just saw this on my friend Jillian's site (super mom of triplets, seriously never feel sorry for yourself because someone always has it worse, I have even heard of a woman with blind/deaf triplets, yea I'll take my healthy 2 thank you!) So here is some info on my seriously handsome husband Lowell:
1.What is his name? William Lowell Penrod, after his grandfather who also went by Lowell. The boys are Carter Lowell and William Davis, so both named after daddy but neither uses his name.
2. Who eats more? At a buffet, me, I just have to get my money's worth even if I am sick, but day to day, probably Lowell.
3. Who said I love you first? Me--Lowell made me, he knew I was going to say it but made me say it first.
4. Who is taller? Lowell
5. Who is smarter? Probably me, unless you are talking about anything involving common sense, then Lowell.
6. Who is more sensitive? Tough one, Lowell would not like people to know it, but he really has a soft under belly. He cries more than me, mostly about spiritual matters. He is very aware of the boys and their feelings and surprisingly concerned about our dogs and even bugs (except for flies who if they enter his house must be obliterated).
7. Who does the laundry? Lowell, no kidding. Also the bathrooms--I know you're jealous!
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me.
9. Who pays the bills? We divide and conquer on that one.
10. Who cooks more? Me.
11. What meals do you cook together? Sunday dinner, Lowell is great at mashed potatoes.
12. Who is more stubborn? I'd say me, but Lowell would probably say him. I am Dutch and he is Irish, so yea, whenever the bubs break down we just have to take a breath and recognize we screwed them with our Dutch/Irish genes.
13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? That would imply that I've been wrong before....hahaha. No, actually my problem is more along the lines of feeling like I'm wrong a lot of the time, not insisting that I'm right.
14. Who is more clean? Lowell, definitely.
15. Who has more siblings? Me, 5 in my fam and 4 in Lowell's.
16. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Equal partners, we both work full-time and watch the boys full-time so we really do work together.
17. What do you like to do together? We play with the munckins of course, we like to travel, eat good food, discuss TV and books, see movies, and watch our TV shows after the boys are down (yea for Lost!).
18. Who eats more sweets? Yea that'd be me, like my dad who I take after would say, I don't have a sweet tooth, I have sweet teeth!
19. Guilty pleasures? Dr Pepper, Guitar Hero or anything on his Xbox 360 which he never has time to play, gas station hot dogs, gardening, comic book movies.
20. How did you meet? Lowell went to Jr High with my cousin who set us up because she was bored one day. I was waiting for a missionary who was due home in a couple of months but thought it would be fun to get out and well, the rest is history (for the record, my missionary got married before Lowell and I)
21. Who asked who out first? After our first blind date, my cousin Whitney played phone tag between us and Lowell said he wanted to come see Leukemia under the microscope in my lab. I joked with my classmates that I was going to marry him for that and it turns out I did! I also showed him sperm on a slide just to be stupid, such a cool 2nd date ;p
22. Who kissed who first? Lowell kissed me after I waited an hour for him to hold my hand after giving all the "obvious" signs. Sheesh! All while watching Undercover Blues, funny show.
23. Who proposed? Lowell did and I just said, Are you serious? So he was going to take it back, but I talked him into it ;). He proposed with the ring again later with a cute little rhyme, I want to wake up next to you every day for the rest of my life, so will you be my wife? Ahhh!
24. His best features? Hmmm . . .G-rated eyes, smile, and dimple. Not G-rated, well his butt for starters ;).
25. What is his greatest quality? He takes excellent care of me and the boys. He really is an outstanding father and husband. I brag about him all the time, I really don't know how I got so lucky. He cleans, he is an active-hands on father, he is very caring toward me and the boys, he has just taken on his role in our family so completely, well what can I say, he is awesome!

So there you go, some info on my darling Lowell, I love you honey!

1 comment:

Scott and Jillian said...

UNDERCOVER BLUES!?!? We LOVE that movie! I didn't think that anyone else had ever heard of it.

"My name..is Muerte!"
"Hey, Morty!"

LOVE IT!