Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Brothers!


Oh the fun of being brothers! We went to the park today as we had a brief warm spell (gone tomorrow) and I just had to laugh. I taught the bubs a new game called, "chase the butterfly". It involves them running all over the fully enclosed park trying to catch the bugs but never achieving their goal. I however achieve my goal of wearing them out! Anyway, they saw each other across the field and went running (slow motion romance movie moment) to each other and then had a big hug and fell on the ground laughing. It does this mommy heart good. They actually do this quite often, any time they are away from each other for a little while, like when we go to the zoo or gardens and one is with each parent and then meet back up. They really do love each other. They are also amazing climbers, every time we go to the park they find something else to do that they couldn't before (and a new way to scare mommmy!). Today was climbing this piece of equipment that I can't describe but that each rung is as tall as them and they climbed up all 4 to the top and then circled around occasionally hanging and swinging from a bar up there. Last week it was the climbing wall, seriously I don't think I could have done it but in their bare feet they each did it several times. I guess it is time to go spelunking and mountain climbing, oh wait, they are only 2! Fuel for my fire to get them in gymnastics this fall. Lowell thinks it is a girly sport but I used to go to the men's gymnastics meets at BYU and those guys are buff! I think it would be a great way to burn some energy in the cold months, use as an incentive for potty training, and begin my future olympians training. ;)
Lowell and I (thanks to my wonderful sisters) got to go see Iron Man yesterday. Lowell was very excited, he is quite the comic buff. Okay, not a buff of Iron Man really but he likes the genre. And somehow he'll spin it as a romantic comedy so it counts as my turn to pick the movie! LOL I can't remember the last time we actually watched a romantic comedy (rented The Lake House on our overnight the other week, but nope didn't watch it) but I don't really mind. I actually like the action flicks and I watch all the others at night at work. I am a fan of Robert Downey Jr. besides, so that part was fun. And I really liked the last couple of minutes if you have seen it.
That's all for now. Cyndel my darling youngest sis took some cute shots of the boys I'll get uploaded someday. They got their hair cut and they look all clean and dapper. Getting ready for my brother BJ's wedding in a couple of weeks (mixed reviews on that one, but that's another story altogther . . .)Loves!

1 comment:

Scott and Jillian said...

My kids have been doing the hugs, too, and it is so cute. In fact, tonight, as I was trying to get them to go to sleep (actually, I still am...), Katelynn kept climbing into Emma's bed because she wanted to hug and kiss her good-night. One of the joys of multiples!!