Monday, March 16, 2009

Irish for a day

Lowell's family is Irish somewhere back in their genealogy (gee I wonder where my kids got their stubborness? They are Dutch Irish!) and they always have fun with St. Patrick's Day. Lowell pointed out that we celebrate my Dutch heritage with Dutch Christmas so we should make a bigger deal out of the Irish holiday. So we did. Sunday we had a big Irish family dinner care of Melinda. Potato Leek soup, a pork chop with sweet potatoes, apples, and onions all cooked in beer dish (I'm sure there's a better name, but I don't know it), soda bread, and whiskey cake with toffee sauce. You better believe it was SO yummy and I was SO full. It was also delightful to sit and visit as the boys rampaged Mike and Sina's house playing with their cousin Hannah. Such a lovely evening. We decked ourselves out with tattoos for the occasion:

Me, the honorary Irish member. The bracelet is actually quite pretty to me, almost tempted to get a real tattoo (almost).


Lowell--everyone at work thought the flag one was real.

Davis, he was so excited about his rainbow, he tells everyone we see about it.




And Carter
Tonight the leprechaun is going to be leaving foot print clues all over the house leading to a treasure, hooray! That is if this leprechaun gets her act together and the paint out. Happy St. Patrick's Day!



No comments: