Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Mickey Birthday

Well, another successful birthday party in the books. Truthfully I had sworn we weren't going to have a party, that Disney and a party with Mickey himself was enough. But then some family members mentioned they'd still like to celebrate with the boys and I didn't want to have a hole in my birthday album for 4, so we had one anyway. But then I swore it was going to be low-key, just family--no location just at our house. Which I did, though the treats might have gotten a little overboard.

Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats

The extra cake, from left over batter

And the main attraction, the birthday cakes! I have to admit I am pretty proud of them. It was my first time doing the cake by myself and also my first time working with fondant (which I made myself!). I was very tempted to get a premade cake (noting my exhausted state from the past week) but even though I had to sacrifice a much needed nap I didn't want this birthday left out from our traditional fun cake, so there you have it.

The back (the little papers are from the parade at Disneyland)

Davis's cake

Carter's


Carter eating an ear
Davis with his "alloon"

Baby Jonny donned some mouse ears too, such a cutie!

We made dipped Mickey cookies and personalized them for each guest.

The boys got fishing poles from my parents and insisted on fishing in the bath tub (after we forbade them from fishing in the toilet any more--Carter had quite an adventure with that one).

My birthday boys

The lighting is bad, but they are painting masterpieces thanks to Mike and Sina's gift.
I think we are finally done with birthday, but it was fun. Now they are anxious for Halloween and even Christmas is starting to be talked about. Oh the joy!

3 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

We have that brown 'national parks print', long thermal sleeve shirt from Old Navy, too!

Jill said...

Cute cakes, Heidi! Thanks for the link. Where did you get your cookie cutter? Do you have to get them at a Disney store?

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Jill-we got them from Disneyland, we had taken the boys there for their birthday that year. They are actually egg molds but we use them for lots of things. You are welcome to them.