Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I keep forgetting my camera . . .

So lame me keeps forgetting my camera as I run out the door to work. Yes, I only blog at work. No I don't even have the internet at home, we have chosen not to since we have well-screened access at work. I don't even upload my pics on the home computer, though I do keep them on a flash drive now. So hopefully tomorrow I will remember, the time right before work is always a little hairy. I have about an hour and a half to take a shower and get ready, make dinner, clean up (Lowell is saying Ha because this is usually what gets missed) and the biggest time consumer, actually get my kids asleep for nap. This takes an hour most days. Seems hardly worth it, but their attitude the rest of the day without the nap makes it crucial. Anyway, since I have no new pics I will save the post about what we have been up to for when I do. I stole this tag from my friend Scott's blog and will do it today instead. Also, since this is about my hubby, I will refer you to his new blog. Yes, Lowell now has his own blog though I am pretty sure he hasn't told anyone, enter his wife! He wanted to muse on fatherhood in the privacy of his own blog, so if you want to hear (read) his thoughts, head on over. It is http://spazmatic-lowell.blogspot.com . In case you didn't know, Lowell is quite funny. Anyway . . .


The Man in my Life

What's your husband's name? William Lowell Penrod
How long have you been married? 6 years, 2 months, 3 weeks (we got married close together Scott)
How long did you date? We met March 2001 and were married August 2002, so 17 months with 12 of them as an engaged couple. I was doing my internship and my parents asked us to wait a year (thinking maybe it would change our minds I guess, they couldn't have been more wrong and have since apologized).
How old is he? 30
Who eats more sweets? On a diet or not . . .we both like the sweets, I eat more candy and Lowell drinks more Soda.
Who said "I Love You" first? I did. Lowell made me. Stinker.
Who is taller? Lowell.
Who is smarter? Lowell would call this a "loaded question". Book smarts I may be ahead on though I think Lowell is very smart that way, but he definitely has more common sense than me.
Who does the laundry? Lowell, he rocks! He washes and I fold and put it away (or it builds for weeks at a time until I finally get around to it!).
Who pays the bills? We each have bills that we pay. We still have separate accounts, just works for us and we each are responsible each month for our own things.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Lowell.
Does he snore? Sometimes, apparently I do too but I don't buy it.
What does he do in his spare time? There is no spare time for the father of 3 year old twins. He does like to catch a movie once in a while though and play his Wii. Most of his "spare" time is spent working on the house or the yard.
Who mows the lawn? Lowell, I am allergic to grass (or as a neighbor would say, allergic to work.) We have a rider now so it's not so bad, except that he also Weed-Eats each week and mows the front with the push mower.
What is his favorite candy bar? Reese's cups
Who cooks dinner? Me. Lowell is a great help if I ask though. He is more of a stick to the recipe exactly kind of guy and I am the throw this in and see how it turns out one.
Who drives? Lowell drives when we are together, I make him nervous.
Who is the first to say they are wrong? Hmmm . . .we're both pretty stubborn, not sure we ever admit we were wrong, just make up and move on.
Who kissed who first? Lowell kissed me, our third date. I kept dropping hints for him to hold my hand, which he finally did and then kissed me that night to. He said holding my hand made him more nervous than kissing. Oh well, he's still good at it, that's what counts right?
Who asked who out first? We met on a blind date set up by my cousin.
Who wears the pants? We share the pants pretty evenly I think. We both work full-time and chase the munchkins full-time. It works well for us.
Does he say he loves you every day? Yes, and he always makes me laugh.

I tag Kristina, Kristen, and Jillian.

P.S. I keep forgetting, yes I really got the bulldozers for $1. I also got some cars and planes. They were on sale but check them out, it was a good deal. We also got little ceramic pieces to paint that were $1 with 2 pieces in the set and all the paint and brushes. The boys are going to give them away as "gifts"--just getting the idea mostly, if you are a recipient, don't feel obligated to keep it! And yes, the monkey did hit Carter in the head, but he was under the fence where he wasn't supposed to be.

1 comment:

The Halls said...

Me and Aaron were set up an a blind date also!!