Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Snowbird, Stitches, and Spiderman

We weren't going for an S theme this week, but it worked out that way anyhow. Let me go in order or I'll never remember . . .Monday we went to Lagoon and it was hot! That seems like all I have to say for the place these days. We have gotten our money's worth a couple of times over and the kids have enjoyed it each time, but I am just tired of the heat. We have swim lessons the next two weeks and then it is closed during the week, so that was our last Monday morning visit anyway. The boys really loved the Amazing Parrot show and rode pretty much all of the kids rides (those that did not require an adult/kid as I went alone) and then we had lunch and went home. Yea.
Tuesday went and saw Ice Age 3 for the summer movie club. They really liked it. Carter dumped an entire large soda as soon as we sat down (no free refills, sigh).
Wednesday-We went with Hillary to the children's garden and main gardens. It was again, hot. Yes I am pregnant and it was July. They played for a little bit but were surprisingly not interested in the water there--it was pretty busy so maybe we'll try again an evening some time. Then we drove the golf cart around the big gardens (yea for Hillary).
That evening we headed up to Snowbird to cool off. Looking outside the aerial tram. It's the boys' 3rd time (once in utero) and I still love it just as much. So beautiful and a great cheater way to climb a mountain.
On top of Hidden Peak. It was the same price to ride up the aerial tram and then down the ski lift so we did that to try them both. There was a quick hike between the two (they were closing!) and then off we went back down.

We saw 3 deer, some wild turkeys, and a variety of other birds. The breeze was hitting us and I was almost chilled. I loved it! That was worth the $24 right there (adults $12, kids under 6 are free). We then cruised up past Alta to see the wildflowers in the Albion Basin. I heard this area was famous for their wildflowers and late July, early August was peak viewing time. It was a bit rough on the van's alignment, but worth it in my opinion (Lowell may disagree . . .)

We had a nice picnic and then took our sleepy boys home.
Thursday we joined Jess and her boys at a park in Spanish Fork for play group. A nice little visit even if it was just us. The 4 boys plus a few others there played firemen for a good while. That afternoon the boys were playing outside "nicely" when I looked out to find Davis had climbed the fence and was pulling on a horse's tail and hanging on his leg! I freaked and ran out there, coaxing him back over before he got kicked. Such a miracle that kid wasn't clobbered! Our neighbor raises horses as a hobby and I am guessing they are handled well and frequently since the horse was so patient. Very lucky for us.
Friday we went to the gym and the ladies there painted the boys like Spiderman. Oh my goodness they loved it!

Carter is ready to fling his web
Silly spider boys

We got home and I got ready for work with a few minutes to spare so Lowell and I put the boys in their rooms for quiet time and laid down for a few minutes. I woke to a thump thump scream and Lowell jumped up to find Davis bleeding. I was still shaking off the sleepies when I saw how much blood was running down his shirt (yea for $1 shirt, huh?!). I swear that boy is going to put me in pre-term labor just from freaking out over his antics. Lowell got a good look at his head and said he needed stitches and started loading him up. I had 10 minutes before I had to leave for work so I was stressing over what to do with Carter but for the moment just loaded Davis into the car and tried to calm him down. I am sure it hurt, but he was more scared. It broke my heart, he was still painted like Spiderman and had tear marks down the paint. :( I decided to just take Carter to work with me but was able to reach my sister on the way who met me and took him back home in time for Lowell to be back. Thanks for your help Hillary! We live pretty close to the Saratoga Springs InstaCare and have always been impressed with them, hardly ever a wait and quite competent. This was no exception--they took Davis back before Lowell had even finished with the paperwork. They kept telling him Spiderman wasn't supposed to fall off walls (we pieced together that he was climbing a hanging toy rack in his room, fell and hit a triangle shaped block on the floor). Lowell said the doc gave him a dirty look at first--like he was a child abuser or something but let up once he heard the story and got a better feel for him. I would have told him to call our pediatrician, he'd back up how busy bodied our little men are--making it to 4.75 without stitches was seriously impressive. Lowell said Davis did really well with the shot and stitches and it was all over pretty quick. There was a lot of blood but it hasn't bothered him too much since. He has mostly been sensitive to anyone touching it but slept on it fine that night and since.

8 stitches later, here's Mr. D's head. Maybe I'll be able to tell them apart from the back now. I have to say that was a pretty stressful start to my work day.

Saturday they had a T-ball game, then a play date with my nieces, and then we ran errands in the evening--I had one day only coupons to Toys R Us (birthday gifts for the boys and my niece acquired) and Children's Place (fall pants and next summer duds purchased).

Sunday we enjoyed church, really the boys have been doing so well there lately (shhh, knock on wood). Sunday night my siblings came over for dinner and we had fun visiting with them

The boys watching youtube videos of Disney rides on Rob's laptop. They are watching Splash Mountain and put their hands up very seriously for the big drop. You wonder where their Disney fascination comes from, huh? They are finally tall enough for the good rides, maybe next spring.

We picked up the boys' T-ball pics as well, here they are:

Monday again we played at the Highland Splash Park with Hillary and got snow cones (the one by the Wendy's near the splash pad is good!).

Today we saw Astro Boy and I think it was the best movie of the summer for all of us. Yea.

We have a few more fun things planned this week, then 2 weeks of swimming lessons and then school is back in session. Wow. They don't start for 2 weeks after that, so we'll think of something fun to do then while it is less busy and then 2 weeks after they go back to preschool the baby should be coming. Tick tock, the summer is buzzing by. It is August--Claire is coming next month. It seems soon, and yet very far away at the same time. She is still a busy little thing and we are excited to meet her. I'm still working on getting the room remodels done, helping to plan my baby shower, planning the boys' birthday party and Claire's blessing. Plus getting all that we need for her, still lots to do.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer!

No comments: