Friday, February 29, 2008

Here we go marching 2 by 2 hoorah! Hoorah!


Okay, so it looks like the boys haven't been too good at keeping this blog up considering it has been nearly 2 years since the last post! I guess I better step in and help them out. Turns out I have abit of free time, but only at work! So I thought this may be a good way to keep a log of some of the things the boys are doing. You'd think maybe I would have kept a journal, but nope, always too busy running after those little stinkers! I do write about the boys in letters to my dad in California so I have been pulling little things out of those letters for posterity's sake. Anyway, so here we are and Carter and Davis are now 28 months old, on their way to being 2 and a half! That is so crazy to me. They are really becoming little boys right before my eyes. Just in the past couple of weeks they have given up their high chairs, strollers in favor of a wagon and cribs in exchange for big boy beds. And yes I fought every one of these transtitions, but the boys seem to need/want some control over their lives and Lowell and I are relinquishing it a little at a time. I have started at home preschool with them this week and it has been a lot of fun. I found curriculum for 2 year olds on adaycare.com and the lessons have been simple and fun. I would like them to learn some, but mostly play, they are after all only 2. This week's lessons have been transportation and today was cars. So we played a matching game where they matched the same colored cars. Then we did an art project involving glue--that was a hit! Next was a game of putting cars into a box and taking them out the other side, who knew this could be SO much fun. Finally we pretended to be various modes of transportation running through the house. They were happy and that is all that matters to me. Especially since I am usually so tired from being up all night at work and because they have not slept well the past couple of days. Next we spent some time at the park where the tube slide was a big hit. I was happy to see them enjoying that slide since they used to get bopped around on the inside and so have steered clear of it. We are going to put in a playset in the backyard with a tube slide this summer--so you can see why I am happy to see them over their fear. We all tried to surprise each other inside of the tube or on the way out and there was lots of laughing going on, the sweetest sound to a mother!
That was today, not sure how much to try and update from the past 2 years, it sure has been a roller coaster ride, but one Lowell and I wouldn't give up for anything, well most days anyway!

No comments: