Friday, November 19, 2010

Where to start . . .

Well I am back to work and the wonders of "free time" on the internet but I can't figure out how to even start I am so behind. I think there is more that was left out but I am jumping into pics from when Claire was 3 weeks old and I'll try to remember what we did and then maybe do a week at a time after that? Other than pics I can just say we went to all the places we have passes to and then a couple extra and played and laughed and worked and went to school (the boys). That sums it up. But since this is our family journal, I'll try to detail it a little better. First a couple shots from this week to not forget them.
A big moment for my Carter man, the first time he wrote his name (for me) without any help: It's not perfect but I love love it. For a little boy who has struggled with fine motor skills this is a big accomplishment. He has known how to spell it for a while, but also remembering which letter is which and being able to write them makes me so proud.
Just a quick howdy doo from my Claire girl (and Mickey) to show how's she growing. She is sure putting on the chunk and is changing so darn fast. :( Don't grow up my little love bug.
Anywho, back around UEA break my grandma and my aunts came down to visit us. It was such a lovely visit for sure, lots of chatting and oohing and aahing over the little girl. The boys came by too after Daddy took them to Barnyard Boo. They brought lovely gifts for the baby as well, I am so spoiled by a wonderful family. It was just such a nice time.

Isn't Oma just the cutest lady ever? I am sure everyone who has ever met her just loves her--my boys do for sure.

Claire trying out the play gym for the first time. She still only kind of looked at it at that point, she likes them more now.

Sleeping angel in the gorgeous quilt my friend Reva made for her. It's amazing to me the skills some people have, it is so wonderful. Clairey Berry does love to snooze in her swing.

For the time of year, the weather was just wonderful mid-October this year. The boys and I had a fun afternoon just hanging out in the sun outside. Davis took this pic as he monkey'd around with my camera, not posed just me adoring my newborn. I could look at her all day.

Just adore my 3 kids

I decided I was brave and took all 3 kids to the zoo by myself when Claire was 3 weeks old. Carter had been asking to go for a while but our pass had expired and I wasn't sure I wanted to renew it. But the boys were off school that day and we had nothing going on so we went. My biggest concern was feeding the baby while there, as it is just too long of a time to not have had to do so, but the boys did really well. I found a quiet spot where they could watch the elephants while I fed her (of course it was quiet when I started but got busier as soon as she started to eat, oh well) and they wandered a bit but didn't leave the area. Really we had a good time, sister snoozed for the most part in her stroller and the boys were happy to be back at the zoo after 4 months away.

Here's the little 3 week old. If I remember right she was still sleeping 4-5 hour blocks at night just waking up to eat but did start to have her first fussy periods, having hardly cried since she was born. It was the first time she fussed not because she was hungry so I had to figure out what else she might need. It was just that she was over-tired. She fights sleeping sometimes because there is so much interesting going on and then really gets onery and struggles to get to sleep. We still have that battle.
Well, there's a little snippet, I'll catch up someday. Meanwhile a couple of thoughts on going back to work. What is interesting to me was that I wasn't racing back to work. Really truly I love my job. It is every stay at home mom's dream I think to have the kind of quiet and down time that I get as part of working. It is really a wonderful job and not just for the down time, I do enjoy the work part of my job as well and all my co-workers. But I was enjoying just being home with my 3 as well. I was pleasantly surprised at how content I was just being an ever busy mom. My first day back was a little stressful at the get go thanks to blood needed in the ER, a new computer system that I couldn't entirely remember, and construction workers pulling cable in the lab and blocking much of the area I needed to work in. When that passed it calmed down nicely but then I was worried about Lowell at home as little sister was having a terrible night and daddy wasn't having a good one either. It was 12:45 by the time she finally fussed herself to sleep and Lowell had to go to work at 5. Still not sure what was bugging her. Missed breastfeeding? Thawed milk upset her tummy? Over-tired? She has been up late the last couple nights since but hasn't been too fussy about it. We need to get her schedule better so she is asleep earlier and then not sleeping all morning. But yep, this is exactly how she was in my tummy. My second day at work has been much better for both of us. It's another adjustment but we'll get through it. Looking forward to lots of turkey next week and to having my boys home all week--I just need to figure out some things to entertain them in the frigid cold that's forecasted. Boo.

Try not to get dizzy, but I loved sister's amazement watching the butterflies on her swing. :)


Tara said...

You like your co-workers because you don't have to directly work with us :P Glad to see a new post, I'll have to plan my glucose test for a Sunday when you're there!

Scott and Jillian said...

Yay! She is so beautiful, and I'm so happy for you guys! Glad to see things are going well.

Oh, and I totally have that pink argyle polo shirt. Love it! ;)